Thursday, June 12, 2008

Back

Well I am back from my trip from Europe. Was fantastic. Rome, I think, was the best. London, one big party, and Florence was simply beautiful. I thought venice was WAAAAAAYYYYY over rated.

So I am back online..... ohhhh I missed the internet, all my projects ;)

I know the site has been stagnant for awhile but the project is alive and I'll try to wrap up version 1 of my world editor.

It's been a little difficult actually writing the spec for the world file. I'm obviously writing it in XML and although I have built a wiki site and have been really good about documenting my changes, it seems everytime I think I have nailed down everything I need in the spec, I go and find out I need to add a field for plasma, or transparency, etc. It's really one of those things that evolves as your design level increases.

Well with version 1 of the world editor I will release the spec for the file format so others can add to the editor.

No comments: